Florence Scovel Shinn (1871 - 1940) was an American artist and illustrator.
This book discusses the philosophies of Florence Shinn about how one can live a better life. She teaches different metaphysical laws and spiritual concepts that can be summarized as follows (paraphrased from Wikipedia):
- The Law of Expectancy
- The power of words in the game of life.
- The Divine Pattern and Intuition i.e. one must always ask for the "right” or "Divine selection," and not to ask for specifics.
- The Law of Substitution.
- The Law of Cause and Effect (Karma) i.e. what you give, you will receive.
- The Law of Non Resistance i.e. do not react to a negative situation with more negativity
- The Law of Forgiveness
- The Law of Use i.e. a gift is a better investment than a savings account.
- The Law of Love i.e. love one another.
"You can control any situation if you first"
"The subconscious mind has no sense of humor and people often joke themselves into unhappy experiences."
"Man can only receive what he sees himself receiving"
"Ask, and it shall be given you, seek, and ye shall find, knock, and it shall be opened unto you. (Mat. 7:7)."
This book is a good read for those who seek motivational spiritual doses to live a better life.
Although the subject of the book is commonly discussed, Shinn [the author] managed to present it with insightful quotations and famous sayings from the Bible which made it more meaningful.
لا يوجد تعليقاتأترك تعليقًا Cancel